Monday 7 October 2013

Help with Homework?

Hello everyone!
Since I moved on into secondary school, I always come home with piles of homework to do, and it's not always easy to keep it all organised and to know what's due when and how much I still have left to do. Although I have a homework journal, sometimes it can be hard to know what you still have left to do and you can easily miss something by accident. So, to prevent those heart attacks when you realise you forgot to do your homework, I came up with a very simple solution, and here it is:
You will need:
  • A small whiteboard.
  • Whiteboard markers (NOT PERMANENT!)
To do:
  • Get a very simple, small whiteboard that you can stick on your wall or somewhere around the house. This does not have to be any bigger than an A4 page. Also, grab some whiteboard markers in a few colours, preferably 5 or 6.
  •  Divide your whiteboard into 3 columns, making the middle sections much larger than the other two at the side.
  • Now, draw horizontal lines, dividing the columns into boxes. Make sure there are enough boxes to fit ALL of your subjects. For example, I have 10 subjects that give homework, so I have ten rows, three boxes across each. Leave a space st the very bottom of the board, this will be used for colour coding.
  • Label the boxes on the left hand side with your subjects. Example: English, Maths, History, e.t.c..
  • On the right hand side, take note of the names of books you have for each subject. This should afterwards be used to fill in the books that you need for that subject's homework.
  • Now, lets work on the colour coding. Using your markers, work out what colour you want to use to mark how many days you have to do a certain piece of homework. My colours work like this:
Red = it's due tomorrow.
Pink = I have two day to do it.
Green = Three days to do it.
Blue = Four days to do it.
Purple = Next week.
Black = 2 weeks+ .
  • When you get set homework, write it down in the middle section of the board, using the correct colour of marker. For Example: If my Maths homework was due tomorrow, I would put the homework down in the middle section with a RED marker. This can help prioritize your work.
  •  Mark down ALL of the work you have, including learning work, which is very important. Rub it off as you finish it, and so lightening your load!
If you don't have a whiteboard, you can always use a small piece of paper, but make sure that you don't lose it. Keep it somewhere safe so that you can keep coming back to it and marking off the work.
I really hope that this helped you all if you are in school, and that I explained it clearly enough! I know that this helped me so much when I nearly forgot what I had left, and even missed parts of it.  Let me know what you thought of this little method, and if it helped you at all! :)
See you all next time! :D

2 comments:

  1. This help so much. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats really cool and intersting! gr8 idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...