Wednesday 7 August 2013

What Can You See on the Horizon?

Ow! My feet are very sore, due to a day (last Wednesday, to be precise) spent by walking along a cliff, on a very scenic route. The Greystones cliff walk is a gorgeous trek across the edge of the Irish sea, and takes only about four hours, from Greystones to Bray, about 6-8 kilometers away.
The wildlife is plenty there, and some very remarkable spots are hidden in the lush green hills, behind the edge of the cliff, and even on the path. Because it was a warm day, there were many people there, including - I was very surprised at this - my school secretary. It was quite weird, to stop and talk to a person I knew only barely, and that I rarely saw in school anyway, and know that they remembered you still as the person who came third in the Eason Spelling Bee in Dublin, and the girl that painted 'The Sunflowers' in fourth class. Wow.
Anyway, after what felt like a long time, we stopped and sat down for a small snack. My mum and granny brought sandwiches, tomatoes, cucumbers and variations of ham, and even some juice to go with it. We carried it all the way to the spot!
One of the places I remember most clearly is the old railway crash place. I'm really sorry that I can't remember the proper name of the place, but there's really only one place there like that, I think. Anyway, a lot of years ago, the railway tracks crossed a bridge there, but the bridge collapsed when the train was passing by on it. The tracks were averted from the place from then on, but you can still see the remnants of the old bridge, crumbling away into the sea, and I got some lovely photos of it. I also got some great photographs of the sea, the cliffs, the sea, more of the sea, and some butterflies and flowers...but mostly the sea.
I saw a boat on the horizon.
And a lot of birds. What was the most interesting thing any of you saw in the sea? :)
Very sorry, but I will upload the pictures sometime later! I just wanted to get this post out. The photos will be up in the next few days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...